CHONG KENG FUI 305151 INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT 2 - ANIMATED PERSONAL BRAND (MOTION GRAPHICS)

INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT 2 - ANIMATED PERSONAL BRAND (MOTION GRAPHICS)

By : CHONG KENG FUI 305151



1.0  INITIAL IDEA:

I dicide to create a majestic and oppressive special effects for my personal brand identity which call "Wyrmwork" because my dragon logo must show the feeling of powerful and brave. The dragon presents the mode for embodies dominance, wisdom, and resilience. These are the core values I want my brand to project. I use fire effcet and light effect to design my logo effect, so that it will look more majesty. Besides, I also decide add dragon roar sounds effect. This visual identity will grab attention and also leave a lasting impression, telling a story of boldness and strength for my personal brand.

2.0 EFFECT

For this project, I already use some animation techniques to design my logo effcet, so that my logo will look nice and mamorable. These effect including Saber lightning effect, Radial Wipe effect and CC Radial Fast Blur effect. 

2.1 SABER EFFECT

Saber effect is a popular Adobe After Effect plugin effect. It often used to create energy beams, lightsabers, lasers, and neon effect. I used this effect in my logo outline.This effect make my logo have light effect and make it looks more dynamic and glowing energy. I used Thin, Hot, Burning and Starkiller effect in my logo design to show it outline. 


Bruning effect


Thin effect


Hot effect


Starkiller effect

2.2 RADIAL WIPE EFFECT AND CC RADIAL FAST BLUR EFFECT

Radial wipe effect is a video tramsition effect where one shot replaced anouther by wiping across the screen from the center, like an iris or a clock hand. It's often used to create a smooth transition between shots or to add a dramatic or artistic touch. I use this effect in my logo design because I want this effect cooperate with the siber light effect. It will show the screen that appears in a fire effect. It will make my logo looks more creative.

For the Radial Fast Blur Effect, It generates a blur effect that simulates a zoom or rotating camere movement, centered around a specific point. I also use it to cooperate with the saber and radial wipe effect.


3.0 SOUND EFFECT

For the sound effect, I already choose dragon roaw sound effect, fire bruning sound effect and some background effect in my disign. That the sound effect that I use in the design is:

  • downfall sound effect - background
  • fire sound sound effect
  • deep monster roar sound effect
  • deep and cinematic woosh sound effect
  • inception style movie horn sound effect

By combine these sound effect in my after effect design, It will make my Logo more powerful. The roar aligns with the dragon’s appearance, reinforcing its fearsome presence. The burning sound crackles subtly under the visuals, adding realism and tension. The use of cinematic sound design ensures that audience will see the power of the brand.

4.0 DESIGN PROCESS

When I have clearly mindset and direction, I implementing my plan to creat a motion grafhics for my logo. First, I input my Adobe Illustrator logo file inside to the project side


For the next step, I choose the pre-composited section and make it become pre-composited layer. I use auto-trace tool to help me to select the mask for my logo. For the auto-trace tool option, I use Alpha and Luminance to select all elements in my logo.





After that, I put the Video Copilot Saber effect into my logo leyer to make my logo outline have the light effect around it. It show more creative and beauty.




Next, I add on the fire effect by using same effect tool which is Video Copilot Saber effect. Fire effect is more suitable for my dragon element.


After that, I also add on another effect inside my logo which is Radial Wipe effect and CC Radial Fast Blur effect. This effect make my logo appere like a clock hand.


Then, I also add saber light effect in meteor shower and hightlight element in my end logo effect. For these rich element cause my logo unique and perfect.



For the next step for Video Copilot Saber effect, I use a lot of sound effect to match my logo effect. The dragon roar and background sound effect make it better.



5.0 STORYBOARD

FRAME 0-6

I used the saber light effect to make my logo outline effect. The effect including the fire and neon effect. It will atract audience attention because it is animation. I design it opening and ending with a fire effect, and the process is neon effect. At the same time, the logo will appere at the end of the effect. For the sound effect I used deep and cinematic woosh sound effect and downfall sound effect to stimulate audience emotions.


FRAME 6-8

In this part, I design the dragon god ring by using saber light effect. I create a god ring for my dragon logo bacause I want it see more solemn. At the same time, the fire under word will begin burning unwards.


Frame 8-10

In this section, I create a meteor shower at my logo background by using the saber light effect. The meteor shower mean good luck and I believe it can bring lucky to me. At the same time, I add the dragon raor at this part.


Frame 10-15

In this edd part, I use the saber light effect to hightlight my logo. I use three effect which is Starkiller, Thin and Hot effect to combine it in my logo. The colour I use is red that mean power and strength. At the same time I add the sound effect which is inception style movie horn sound effect to improve the feeling and emotional to audience.


9.0 REFLECTION

In the process of creating a animatal showcase for my personal brand identity logo, I paid attention and fucus in learning Adobe After Effect tools and skills. I learn a lot of things and use it in design my personal brand logo effect. I use the element of fire and meteor shower to bring energy and drama to my brand identity. Fire represents the strength, passion, and power of the dragon. For the meteor shower adds a cosmic and epic atmosphere, suggesting that the dragon comes from a greater force beyond the ordinary world. By combine these element it cause the animation more emotionally impactful.

Through this project, I learn that effect is important in present personal brand. At the same time, creating a wondeful design to leaves a strong impression to audience also usefull in present personal brand. I believe that the experience I gain will improved my design expression and animation production skills, make me more confident and brave in creating the logo just like the emotional brings for my dragon element.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHONG KENG FUI 305151 INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT 1 - – PERSONAL BRAND IDENTITY